Scott's Original 4-Step Program
- Manufacturer: Scotts
Get your lawn ready for all seasons with Scott's Annual 4-Step Lawn Program!
1 - Step 1® Crabgrass Preventer Plus Lawn Food
Apply off the season with Step® 1. Apply in early spring, anytime between February and April when temperatures are still cool (under 80F). Step® 1 prevents crabgrass before it can germinate. It also feeds to green up a winter-weary lawn, too.
- Ready yourself for the season, but prepare for the year buy all four bags now.
- Choose from 5,000 sq. ft. or 15,000 sq. ft. size.
- Apply Step® 1 on or before Easter.
2 - Step® 2 Weed Control Plus Lawn Food
Apply Step® 2 in late spring, anytime between April and June, but be sure to wait 4-6 weeks after applying Step® 1. It kills many broadleaf weeds like dandelions, while feeding and nourishing the lawn. Step® 2 builds thick, green turf from the roots up.
- Apply Step® 2 near Memorial Day.
- Apply on a calm day, on a damp lawn, and when rain is not expected for at least 24 hours.
3 - Step® 3 Lawn Food with 2% Iron
Give your lawn a mid-season boost with an application of Step® 3. Apply in the summer, between June and August. Step® 3 feeds and strengthens the lawn against heat and drought, guaranteed.
- Apply Step® 3 close to Independence Day.
- If rain is not expected, immediately water after application.
- Spot treat weeds, as needed.
4 - Step® 4 Fall Lawn Food
Step® 4 can be applied 4 to 6 weeks after Step® 3, between August and November. It greens up the lawn now, and helps strengthen and protect it for a better lawn next spring.
- Apply Step® 4 from Labor Day until mid October.
- Water in to speed greening, if desired.